Thursday, September 1, 2011

Perspective

Today is the first of the month, and that means it's Theme Day for City Daily Photo bloggers. Today's theme is Perspective.

South Pasadena has many of these long, canopied streets. This one is a favorite. As you walk along and look into the distance, the cracked sidewalk seems to stretch into infinity. In the hazy summer light, the vanishing point doesn't vanish as much as shimmer like a little oasis.

A path like this is a great place to play around with photographic perspective. (And an even better
place to walk quietly, think, and possibly gain a little perspective.)

For other perspectives, check out my fellow bloggers from all over the world. Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

8 comments:

Judy Williams said...

No wonder the movie industry uses SP for so many of their films. This is quintessential small town America. I love it. The lines of the sidewalk and the curving trees that reach up and over it. Picturesque indeed. I wish I were there right now.

Dixie Jane said...

How very lovely. The green grass, the flowering tree. We here have had a full month of unrelentless heat. Every growing thing is suffering. It's nice to take an imaginary walk through your little oasis.

Pasadena Adjacent said...

The quintessential shot of South Pasadena. Happy theme day!

Green Guy said...

That sure is pretty. Makes me want to walk around town.

Patricia said...

I have always loved South Pasadena. Many years ago we lived on the border of Alhambra and South Pas. I was pregnant with my first son. My husband and I would walk around the neighborhood every night after dinner. I remember catching glimpses of other families at their own tables, through their windows. Everyone seemed so happy in those lovely houses. Even if they weren't, that's the way I would like to remember it all. Thanks so much for your beautiful work here. I visit here every day, even though it makes me miss southern California so much I could cry.h

Anonymous said...

I found your blog when I was researching more about this new town we are living in now. (even i was just living in North Alhambra before) I love your blog and your photography as well. This street looks very familiar...may I know which street is that? Thanks

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get Patch to work for comments but wanted to tell you how much I LOVED the back to school piece.

Cindy

Jilly said...

A lovely quite street and a good example of two uses of the word perspective. We all need to gain a little more perspective on life.