Monday, September 24, 2012

Freeway Noir: 1

Anyone who lives in Southern California knows that being stuck in traffic for too long can make you feel dark and paranoid.  With that in mind, this week I bring you a series of shots taken while stuck in traffic on the 110, trying to get back to South Pas.  From the 4-level to the tunnels, Los Angeles offers the perfect noir landscape.  Anyway, you guys know that I love a chance to pretend like I'm the lovechild of John Alton and Dorothy B. Hughes...

It's Freeway Noir Week, everyone.  A series of shots from the 110 freeway, en route to South Pas.  

Disclaimer: DUH!  I wasn't shooting while I was driving.  Haven't any of you heard of carpooling?

9 comments:

Jason said...

Outstanding!

Judy Williams said...

That brooding sky is straight out of a sci-fi thriller. Man, I love this.

Anonymous said...

Holy moly!

Anonymous said...

Great sky. In days of b & w film, that would have been with orange or red filter. But maybe that's just the way it looked, au naturel.

Petrea Burchard said...

Oh, super!

TheChieftess said...

Definitely a SciFi thriller!!! Can SciFi be noir???

Anonymous said...

Incredible, haunting.

Ken Ball

Anonymous said...

OMG I hate that traffic but if the scene looked as beautiful as this photo it would be my favorite time of the day..Amazing photo.

Blogger said...

If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you gotta watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Win your ex back with TEXT messages?