Monday, September 24, 2012

Freeway Noir: 1

Anyone who lives in Southern California knows that being stuck in traffic for too long can make you feel dark and paranoid.  With that in mind, this week I bring you a series of shots taken while stuck in traffic on the 110, trying to get back to South Pas.  From the 4-level to the tunnels, Los Angeles offers the perfect noir landscape.  Anyway, you guys know that I love a chance to pretend like I'm the lovechild of John Alton and Dorothy B. Hughes...

It's Freeway Noir Week, everyone.  A series of shots from the 110 freeway, en route to South Pas.  

Disclaimer: DUH!  I wasn't shooting while I was driving.  Haven't any of you heard of carpooling?

8 comments:

Jason said...

Outstanding!

Judy Williams said...

That brooding sky is straight out of a sci-fi thriller. Man, I love this.

Anonymous said...

Holy moly!

Anonymous said...

Great sky. In days of b & w film, that would have been with orange or red filter. But maybe that's just the way it looked, au naturel.

Petrea Burchard said...

Oh, super!

TheChieftess said...

Definitely a SciFi thriller!!! Can SciFi be noir???

Anonymous said...

Incredible, haunting.

Ken Ball

Anonymous said...

OMG I hate that traffic but if the scene looked as beautiful as this photo it would be my favorite time of the day..Amazing photo.