Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Now That's a Big Balloon

Is this the coolest balloon you've ever seen in your entire life? Just when I thought I'd seen everything I could see at a kids' balloon show, the South Pasadena Public Library brought Buster Balloon to perform his awesome act as part of the summer Wonderful Wednesdays series, a segment of Dream Big, Read! Summer Reading Program.
And it blew my mind!
Buster was eventually engulfed by this large, pink monster making the Blue Man Group look like a bunch of amateurs. The kids loved it, the parents loved it and I was reminded all over again of how much I love our thriving library and all of its programs.
Today's Wonderful Wednesday presents storyteller Padraic Keohane weaving folk and fairy tales with his own observations in Once Upon A Time, and Happily Ever After. (2:00PM in the Community Room. It's free! With great air conditioning!)
Find out more about our library's inspirational summer series for kids of all ages right here.

8 comments:

Judy Williams said...

WOW My first thought was bubble gum! How much fun for those kids (and you).

Anonymous said...

That's great!

Green Guy said...

That looks kinda scary!

Margaret said...

I want a balloon just like that.

Anonymous said...

Me too!

Laurie Allee said...

Me too!

Anonymous said...

What a fun picture. I'm happy to know about these library programs.

Laurie Allee said...

Anon, the library is amazing. Check out all the adult programs in the Community Room.