Friday, July 20, 2012

All the World's a Stage...

Ever feel daunted by the sheer heft of a book of Shakespeare? Never fear, fine people, the wacky comic masters at Metamorphosis Theatre Company have streamlined the canon. Opening tomorrow night, July 21, at Fremont Centre Theatre, The Complete Works of Shakespeare (Abridged) offers a madcap, family-friendly rendition of the bard's tragedies, histories, comedies, sonnets and as well as numerous cool wigs, kooky accents and costume changes all in under 90 minutes!

I had a chance to sneak a peek at rehearsal earlier in the week and the bard was right: brevity is the soul of wit. Shakespeare's masterpieces are taken to hilarious extremes by these cross-dressing, vaudeville hooligans. I don't say this very often but don't miss this one, folks.

The show runs weekends through August 12. (SPARC members, check your email for a special discount code for tickets!) Click here for more details.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great! Thanks, LA!

Judy Williams said...

How fun! I wish I could come see the performance.

Michelle said...

This looks really fun. Also, I didn't know about SPARK!

Green Guy said...

I hope this group appreciates your promotion. I overheard someone mention reading about this on your blog at Starbucks this morning!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shot! I miss South Pas!!

--Margo in Paris

Petrea Burchard said...

I saw this show (different cast) in London. See it! Bring tissues!

Anonymous said...

Love this photo. Sounds like a fun show. Alas poor Yorick only gets a few moments onstage!

Mister Earl said...

The son of a friend of mine is involve with this company. I wish there had been a show tonight. Would have gone. I hope to see it later in the run.

Pasadena DramaKid said...

I can not WAIT! This looks SO good. I read all about this play.

Laurie Allee said...

Hey gang!

This company is so funny, smart and ridiculously talented. You must be sure to check out their monthly improv at Fremont. It's funny as can be but family friendly. Little Bit got to go up onstage at the Art Crawl improv performance!

Sally said...

I'm so glad to learn of this, Laurie! We are definitely going to go this weekend. Thanks for the info. I need to be more involved with local theater.

Laurie Allee said...

Sally, I hope you enjoyed the show!