Sunday, July 20, 2008

Busters Ice Cream and Coffee Stop

There are cool places ... and then there are coooooool places. Busters is a great combination of hip as well as timeless. Bogart might as well be sitting on that bench, pulling down his fedora to block the sun. This is where Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy would have chatted if they'd been in Southern California instead of Vienna.

Grab a great cup of coffee, a Fosselmans ice cream cone, and a nifty view of Thursday's Farmer's Market. If you take the Gold Line, just get off at Mission and walk across the street.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie, luv these food pics as u know! You're gettin me hungry. This is on Mission St. And, @ Mission & the Gold Line is I believe Heirloom Cafe-a new place I need to ck out 1 day. I here it's good for sweets especially. Hey, now that would be a nice place for a future pic...
Thanks a bunch 4 your camera info. I gotta get one soon for my "textbook" blog!

jake said...

Greaty place to relax with some ice cream. I was just there a week ago last Sunday with a mint chocolate chip ice cream.... MMMMMmmmmmmmm.

Glad to find your blog! South Pas was my first choice when looking for a home.

Kindest Regards,

1916home.net :)

Laurie Allee said...

life observer, I'll have to look into Heirloom Cafe for sure. What's your textbook project?

Shirtees -- dave/anna, I love your blog!

dianasfaria.com said...

This looks like a place I would love to hang out in. great shot!

alex schaefer said...

Nice picture! I'm charmed by South Pasadena. It feels like a part of the past in Los Angeles today! I'm going to be there tomorrow, don't know where or when but I'll definitely chek out the place you mentioned...