Thursday, August 16, 2012

Home Alley

If the South Pasadena Downtown Revitalization Project had not gotten hung up in litigation and a bad economy, our little town might have had a bowling alley to ride out summer's hottest days. Oh well, East Pasadena is an easy drive and that's where you can find 300 Pasadena. It's cool not only in terms of air conditioning but also because of the high-styling decor and dance-y tunes.

The sense of accomplishment I felt after bowling a strike was a good indication I should probably aim higher with my goals. Then again... nah. Set up another frame!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I saw your Twitter feed about this last weekend and wondered why it's been so long since I went bowling!

Judy Williams said...

I can't lift the balls! HA HA They kill my back. But I sure can enjoy watching someone else do it. I love that neon blue!

Trish said...

SoPas USED to have an alley. Many eons before you landed there. I believe 2 things struck it down. The concept of "unseemly" types who bowl and someone wanted the land.

SoPas' loss, EPas' gain.

Pasadena Adjacent said...

Very cool retro one in Eagle Rock

Anonymous said...

Very nice.

Laurie Allee said...

Thanks everybody!