Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lagniappe

The view from the water tower in Monterey Hills is absolutely amazing. (But, if you're paying attention, when you walk back to your car in the early morning sunlight you'll see these wonderful shadows from a neighboring fence. Consider it a beautiful little bonus.)

UPDATE: I got a little lagniappe of my own today. Petrea over at Pasadena Daily Photo is promoting one of my biggest causes: saving the Rialto Theater. I am doing a series of videotaped interviews to collect your memories of our beloved movie palace. Take a look at Petrea's post here and check back here at Glimpses before 9:00AM tomorrow for even more info about participating!

8 comments:

Judy Williams said...

Shadow lace !!!

I love that word: lagniappe.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. That view shot you linked to is amazing.

San Diego Farmgirl said...

I learnt myself a new word today! =)

TheChieftess said...

Wow! It's not very often that I come across a word that I've never seen or heard!!! Never ever!!! I learned a new word too SD Farmgirl!!!

Great pic! and I love your pic link...you trespasser you!!!

Dixie Jane said...

I first heard the word, lagniappe, pronounced, lanyap, from my father many years ago. My parents originally lived in Louisiana and interspersed a lot of French into their language.

These shadows are a lovely, "something extra".

Shanna said...

I remember my daddy using that word when I was a child. It was used sometimes during dinner, referring to some gravy or something like that.

Mister Earl said...

Can't make it tomorrow. My stories are how I liked Fire Chief Dave and the It's a Wonderful Life scene made to promote Rialto Discount Cards!

Michelle said...

I will email you about the Rialto project! I don't have any great story to tell, but a lot of good memories.