Monday, June 13, 2011

(Close en)Counter

There's something festive about restaurant counters, and South Pas has a few choice ones. You'll find this one at Gus's BBQ. It's a great spot, and I can think of a few more:

The brass-fitted soda counter at Fair Oaks Pharmacy with the tall bar stools and the perfect view of all that ice cream...

The long diner counter at Shakers with old-school swivel chairs...

The antique wooden bar at Bistro de la Gare with flickering votive candles and organic bordeaux by the glass...

That's just off the top of my head. Any others that I've left out?

11 comments:

Cafe Pasadena said...

I prefer eating at counters. Even eating at the bars of restaurants, such as Ixtapia in Old Town.

Chrissy Brand said...

Looks a nice place for a drink- not sure how I would cope eating from a counter ;-)

Chrissy

Judy Williams said...

I like the tie in of the shades of red- a hint in the flooring, the bright stools, and the background of the tv. Great perspective.

Anonymous said...

The little coffee counter at Charlie's is pretty great!!!

Mike said...

It's not a counter, but I really like the bar at Mike and Anne's.

San Diego Farmgirl said...

Does that phone really have a CORD connecting the handset to the receiver? Laurie, you have such a knack for retro. =)

TheChieftess said...

Not partial to counters...give me a booth any time!!!
Love Gus' iron skillet cornbread!!!

Dixie Jane said...

Give me a counter seat, give me a booth. Then give me some yummy Gus's BBQ. Such a colorful-looking place. Just get me outa here. It's continuing 100 degrees on a daily basis.

Michelle said...

Does Shiro have a sushi bar? That would count!

Steve Scauzillo said...

Just get me to Bistro de la Gare..I don't care where I sit! That place is magnifique!

Laurie Allee said...

Steve, I love Bistro de la Gare, too!

Thanks, everyone!