Friday, April 1, 2011

Edgy

Today is the first of the month, and that means it's Theme Day for participating City Daily Photo bloggers. Today's theme is Edges -- which is a perfect excuse to post this picture from the South Pasadena Library. I always marvel at the sharp corners of all those beautiful columns and carvings. (Looking up to the edge of the sky ain't bad either.)

For a world of Theme Day interpretations, be sure to check out my fellow bloggers. Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

6 comments:

Shanna said...

The sharp edges are a great contrast with the softness of the cloudy sky. A sort of yin/yang thing, as I see it.

Kim said...

I love all the edges, but especially the little surface design teeth toward the bottom. It is elements like that which some of my designer friends incorporate into their work. Your square format photos are really wonderful, BTW!
-Kim

Judy Williams said...

I really love this too. The stair step, if you will, roofline with the overlapping eaves(?) and that hint of cloudy blue and white sky. Very nice.

ben wideman said...

Well done, Laurie.

Busto said...

I really like the combination of the lines from the edges in contrast to the imperfections in the building. Together it makes a an interesting composition.

TheChieftess said...

Love this! What building is it?