Sunday, November 21, 2010

Storms and Lights

Ordinarily, rainy weather makes me feel poetic and snuggly. Yesterday, for whatever reason, all of the soggy gray just bummed me out. I'm tempted to post a Sylvia Plath poem or link to some naval-gazing mid-90s trance music on YouTube.

I am resisting the urge to compare the fall season's chilly drizzle with middle age and its inbetween-ness -- not exuberantly, flowery summer hot, but not yet settled into winter's clarity. Just dull and irritating...

Because that would be as obnoxious as all of that mid-90s trance music.

So, instead I'll just post a picture of Jasleen's mosaic lamps. They're bright and lovely in any weather -- and I'm sure there's some uplifting symbolism in there somewhere.

13 comments:

Green Guy said...

This weather ruined my hiking plans. I'm bummed too.

Judy Williams said...

Are they made in India? A.R. Rahman's Jai Ho was my first thought. Their colors and shapes are beautiful and a bit exotic. I love it.

Leif Hagen said...

I love, love those colorful, fancy, beady lamps!

Anonymous said...

You are a great writer even when you are bummed out!

Who is Jasleen, anyway?

San Diego Farmgirl said...

Girl, you and me both! I moved here to escape SAD - I could feel this way in the Midwest for much cheaper. =)

Love, love, love those lamps. Well played, I do feel a little more cheery!

TheChieftess said...

Maybe it's because you were down and out for such a long time, now that you're able to be up and about, the weather isn't cooperating...that and maybe a shortage of Vitamin D3!!! Do I sound like a naturopathic pharmacist or what???

Anonymous said...

Better today? The sun is ducking in and out up here, and I'm going for a bit of a hike to see if I can find some snow.

Your photo is most cozy. I'd love to have all those lamps gathered together in my house. Wonder why no one ever does that?

Brenda's Arizona said...

Oh, love the light gathering. Yes, tell us more about Jasleen!

-K- said...

Some hot apple cider will put some snugglieness back into the day or, at this point, evening.

Jean Spitzer said...

Yes, who is Jasleen? Lovely photo. Hope you got some sun and light, later.

Dixie Jane said...

Jasleen's mosaic lamps. How lovely. Who is Jasleen?

Laurie Allee said...

Jasleen is a wonderful boutique on Mission St. It has clothes, jewelry and beaded bags that make me wonder if this millennium is the new Belle Epoch -- gorgeous, intricate, wearable art. It's no wonder the lamps in the store are also beautiful. There are similar lamps down the street at Living Art. I just love them.

As to who Jasleen is -- I don't know if the store name correlates witha person, but I should find out!

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone. I'm much happier with our usual California sunshine!

Gunn said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful photo with us!:)