Friday, October 1, 2010

Graffiti, South Pas Style

Today is the first of the month, and that means Theme Day for participating City Daily Photo bloggers. Today's theme is Graffiti.

I know, I know. What makes me think I can sneak in a cute little snapshot of children's sidewalk doodles into a photo collection that is supposed to represent hard core urban street art? Sure, we're part of Los Angeles. We are minutes away from plenty of examples of real graffiti. But in South Pas, most of the tagger crews are in elementary school, happily armed with multicolored chalk, limitless imagination and street after street of blank canvas to bombard with wild style...

I think Keith Haring would approve.

For more examples of worldwide graffiti, check out today's images posted by my fellow City Daily Photo bloggers. Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

10 comments:

Jazzy said...

cute, reminds me of my childhood.
happy theme day!

Judy Williams said...

HEE HEE I love how kids' drawings of people have their arms coming out of their heads. Are those square Valentines? A newly knitted pot holder (remember when we used to weave those?)?

Jilly said...

Personally I'd much rather see children's art on the pavement than some of the crude graffiti we see in cities. I do love real street art tho - vive la difference. Yours is just charming.

Menton Daily Photo

Monte Carlo Daily Photo

TheChieftess said...

A wonderful solution to the conundrum of living in an area without grafitti...i'm afraid the bear cubs up here don't have multicolored chalk...

Pasadena Adjacent said...

the littlest tagger

San Diego Farmgirl said...

Keith Haring may have approved of the self-expression, but had he tried in South Pas what he did in New York, he would been swiftly tossed into a jail cell along with Buket. Not to mention the profanity charges. =)

Bettey said...

Happy Theme Day - great post for "graffiti" - this is the best kind - kid friendly and washable!

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Hood Photo Blog

Margaret said...

But one face looks so sad. I'm worried.

Tash said...

Love it! Graffiti - So Pas style. I think they'd let that kind of graffiti in PV too, but only for an afternoon.

into the clouds said...

another interesting choice. I really enjoy your work.