Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Craftsman Challenge: Round 6

It's been a while since I've taken the Craftsman Challenge but this cozy, green wonder seemed to be begging for a portrait. South Pasadena has hundreds of Arts and Crafts houses and each one is an inspiration -- not to mention a tricky subject to photograph. (Those shadowy porches! Those blindingly reflective slanting rooftops!)

I've already waxed rhapsodic about this period of design, but I can't help repeating myself:

Simple. Beautiful.

7 comments:

Sonya Blue said...

I like the green on this one. I had forgotten about the craftsman challenge. It was nice to look back at your series.

Judy Williams said...

I remember this emerald jewel. The lines and colors are straight out of the forest, the natural colors that the Craftsman movement strived for. It's wonderful.

Margaret said...

I always envy the porches.

Trish said...

I remember this house well. ;-)

Looks like on the upper level, right most window has been replaced, based on the reflective difference between that and the other 2.

Not that I'd know anything about that window ever being broken...or anything...ahem...

Laurie Allee said...

Trish, you'd better spill details!

Mike said...

What is the yellow in the street? Paint or flower petals?

Trish said...

I don't think the statute of limitations has run out on any of the stories about this house that I have to tell...;-)

Mike, the yellow in the street is paint over paint over paint, stating SCHOOL.