Saturday, May 8, 2010

Staring at Walls

Can you handle yet another shot of brick walls? I'm a little obsessed with them. I've noticed them anew after spending far too much time lately in other parts of Los Angeles. It's nice to be away from the ubiquitous Southern California stucco and back to the bricks and mortar of old South Pas. Here, I lingered in back of Gus's long enough to admire the afternoon light playing off of all those rectangles. I might have taken even more pictures, but great barbecue beats art (and architecture) any day.

5 comments:

Judy Williams said...

You should do a large installation of this shot and yesterdays hanging side by side in HUGE enlargments!! I love the angularity of it. Simple with three main elements: the red brick, the lighter brick behind and the blue sky. Nicely seen, my dear.

Laurie Allee said...

Jude, I thought you'd like this one! I'm just glad I could expose it right with that blast of sun on the back wall. (Love that fill flash.)

Mike said...

This reminds me of a shot you took some time ago in that abandoned parking garage on Arroyo. It is another great use of light and shadows.

Laurie Allee said...

Thanks, Mike! I remember the shot you are thinking of.

Until tomorrow!

TheChieftess said...

very cool LA!!! I like the shadow, light and sky...nice composition and contrast!!!

At Leslie's show, she mentioned that you're not receiving her emails...did you receive mine with the pic of you and Lil Bit???